Write a letter to the municipal officer for obtaining a death certificate of a deceased relative

This is a sample letter requesting a death certificate for a deceased relative from the municipal officer. The letter includes the necessary details such as the name and date of death of the deceased, proof of identity and address, and the application form. One can request the officer to verify the details and grant approval for the issuance of the death certificate. It is  also important to about the expected processing time for the process. One may conclude by thanking the official for their assistance.

To
Registrar of Birth and Death cum Medical Officer
Municipal Corporation Name
Municipal Corporation Address

Subject: Application for death certificate
 

I am writing to request a death certificate for my deceased sister, Sarita Chobey, who passed away on 07/03/2023. As per the municipal regulations, I understand that a death certificate can be obtained by submitting an application form along with the necessary documents.

I have attached the required documents such as proof of identity and address, and the application form duly filled and signed. I request you to verify the details provided and grant due approval for the issuance of the death certificate by competent authority.

As per the regulations, I have notified about the death within 21 days from the date of the incident. I would be grateful it if you could inform me about the time required to process my request.


Thanking you,

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

[Your Address]

Date:

Place: 

Enclosure:

1.Id proof

2.Relation proof

3.Duly filled up death certificate registration form

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments