Sample letter of apology to a friend for delay in payment of a loan



The financial condition of a person may not always remain constant. There may be times when you are in desperate need of financial assistance. It is during this time that friends come to your rescue by proving loan. However, it is the moral responsibility of a friend to pay back the favor in time. Sometimes, things don’t pan out according to the script and result in delay in payment.  This is a simple apology letter to a friend for delay in payment of a loan which he had borrowed during his financial need. The article addresses the question of properly presenting the letter to the concerned person. The letter may be modified according to the situation and preference.

To
ABC
C/0 XYZ
Address of ABC
                                                                                               
Subject: Apology letter for delay in payment of loan

Dear ABC,
                                            I hope you are hale and hearty. I am doing fine by the grace of god and good will of dear friends like you. I write this letter to you in response to your letter dated [DD-MM-YY].

                                        Please accept my apology as I could not send the loan amount to you in time. I had all the intention to repay the said amount but just could not manage to collect the fund in the stipulated time frame. I hope you don’t misunderstand me.

                                           I will be remitting the loan amount of Rs 3000 in 6 installments with the first installment of Rs 500 being sent in a week. The remaining installments will be paid off within 2 months. However, if the arrangement is difficult for you, I will try to take a loan to repay you.

                                            I understand your current position and can’t thank enough for supporting me during my time of need. I will be grateful if you can agree to the above arrangement. Please do let me know. I shall do my best not to be a cause of further embarrassment to you in future.

                                             With my sincere apologies,
                                              

                                                                     Yours truly

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Your Name
                                                                     Your Address
                                                                     Your Contact No.

Date:
Place

Post a Comment

0 Comments