Sample letter of a formal request to a Teacher for failure to submit an assignment in time



Assignments are a big part of the academic life of a student and have to be submitted in stipulated time for securing good marks or grade. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, assignments may not be completed in due time. As such, the matter has to be reported to the concerned authority. This is a simple letter of request to the Class Teacher for for failure to submit an assignment in time. It addresses the question of properly presenting the request to the concerned person. The letter may be modified according to the situation and preference.

To
The Class Teacher
School Name
Address of School

Sub: Request letter for failure to submit an assignment in time

Sir/Madam,
                               This has reference to the assignment titled “Impact of sub-standard town drainage system: A socio-economic perspective” which was assigned to us on 21st December    and was to be submitted before   28th December. It is with utmost regret that I have to inform you that I was unable to do the same in the stipulated time frame due to some unavoidable circumstances. As you are aware, I have to work part time during my free period to meet the daily expenses and to top that, I also had to prepare for the “Inter-College Quiz Competition” to be organized by our college. As such, it left me with very little time to complete the above mentioned assignment in time.

                                 I admit to my mistake, irrespective of my circumstances, and apologize for failing to do the assignment in required time. I would be highly grateful if you can provide me with a couple of days of grace period or maybe a new assignment altogether to be submitted in due time for assessment.  For any further information, I can be contacted via phone (Your phone no.) or email (Your email address). 

                                This is for your kind information and necessary action.

                                                                                                        Yours faithfully,

                                                                                                         Your name
                                                                                                         Your address

Date:
Place:

Post a Comment

0 Comments