Write a letter to your friend about the memories of your grandmother's house

  There are some memories which last a lifetime. The fond memories of your grandmother’s house are a prime example of that. Write a letter to your friend recalling those memories of grandmother’s house. You are Pulkit/Prachi, a resident of 221, Pocket V, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi.

 

To

Rajesh Kapoor

C/o Surendra Kapoor

Pocket V,Anand Vihar

New Delhi.

 Sample letter to father seeking permission to visit a place of historical interest for educational tour   

Dear Rajesh,

I hope my letter finds you in the best of spirits. I was so overwhelmed to read your previous letter about your grandmother and I am glad that you mentioned about my grandmother. As requested, I am going to dwell on my memories from her house.

The memory of my grandmother’s house takes me back to my childhood. My mother would take me to her house in our ancestral village during vacations. She was a simple lady with a big heart, full of warmth and affection. Although she was not that educated, she had a keen sense of observation and excellent presence of mind.

I remember my grandmother’s house to be a big mud house with a special room for me. The walls were built with mud and bamboo and the roof was covered with steel. There was a traditional chulha in the kitchen where she would prepare some of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted.

In the yard outside the house, there were numerous trees with a variety of fruits. I would play under the shade of the trees along with my cousins and enjoy the fresh fruits. There was also a beautiful hanging swing in the center of the yard which used to be my favorite spot.

My grandmother’s house is a place which I associate with love and happy memories. I can never forget the warmth of that place.      

                   

                                                                                                Yours Affectionately, 

                                                                                                Prachi

                                                                                                Pocket V, Mayur Vihar

                                                                                                New Delhi

 

Date:

Place:

You may also like:

Write a letter to your mother asking her for a new coat as winter has set in 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments