Write a letter to your friend declining invitation for attending the wedding of his sister

Celebrations and marriage ceremony goes hand in hand in Indian wedding. Due to bad luck, one may not attend a close one’s marriage function. In such a case, a letter can be written to decline the invitation for the marriage ceremony. This is a simple letter to your friend declining invitation for attending the wedding of his sister. The letter can be modified according to need and preference.

To

ABC

C/0 XYZ

Address of ABC

Dear ABC,

Write a letter to your friend asking her to join you for a picnic  

 

Your letter is just to hand and like your every letter, it is such a joy to receive one from you. First of all, accept my heartiest congratulations on the wedding of your sister, Jaya. We have all grown up together and I still can’t believe she is getting married. Time really flies, doesn’t it?

I wish her a long, happy and prosperous married life. I am sure Rishi will turn out to be the perfect match for her. You have been a strong support in her life and have always looked after all her needs dutifully. Jaya must be so proud to have a brother like you.

But, with utmost disappointment, I have to break the sad news that I won’t be able to attend her wedding on date1. As luck would have it, one of my pre board exam papers is scheduled to be on the day of the wedding. I think you will understand as you know me more than myself. My family members will definitely be present in the marriage. 

I wish Jaya all the best for a happy and prosperous married life.                                                  

                                                                                                Your friend,

                                                                                                Your Name

                                                                                                Your Address

Date:

Place:

You may also like:

 Write a letter to your friend asking him about his family holiday in Mumbai

Post a Comment

0 Comments