Write a letter of apology to your friend for not being able to attend his wedding

 

You receive an invitation for the wedding of a dear friend and you are not in a position to attend the wedding. It is a sensitive situation and requires a mature handling. A proper letter describing your situation can come in handy. This is a simple letter to your friend for not being able to attend his wedding. The letter can be modified according to need and preference.

 

To

ABC

C/0 XYZ

Address of ABC

    

Dear ABC,

                        I hope you are in the pink of health. I was really elated to receive your letter after such a long time. First of all, accept my congratulations for your wedding which is to be held on the 15th November.

                         I can make out from the card that it is going to be a big fat traditional Indian wedding, as you had always wanted. You choice of venue for the wedding is also excellent and very well researched. After a relationship of ten years, you and Riya have decided to finally settle down. It is a testimony of your loyalty and commitment.

                        Even though I am so happy for both of you and I am itching to be present on the wedding day, but it is just not possible for me to attend the wedding. My father-in-law is not keeping a good health and in all probability, he has to undergo a heart transplant surgery around about that time. I am sure you are considerate enough to understand the gravity of the situation.

                        I understand you will be very disappointed with me. I am sorry for that. But, you know me. If it were possible, I am not the one to wait for a second invitation.  Anyways, all the best for your wedding and have a happy married life. I will make sure to pay you a visit as soon as everything settles down. Take care!

 

                                                                                                Yours Truly,

 

                                                                                                Your Name

                                                                                                Your Address

Date:

Place:

Reply letter from a friend who has gone abroad about his new place 

Post a Comment

0 Comments