Write a letter to the Principal seeking permission to opt out of a school trip because the date clashes with your sister's wedding


A school trip with friends is a wonderful opportunity to make new memories and learn about a new place. However, not everything goes according to plan always. You may have something as important as sister’s wedding clashing with the dates of your trip. In such a scenario, it is necessary to inform the matter to the School Principal and request permission to opt out of the school trip. This is a simple request letter to a School Principal to opt out of a school trip because the date clashes with your sister's wedding. The article addresses the question of properly presenting the request to the concerned person. It may be modified according to need and preference.

To
The Principal
School Name
School address

Subject: Request for excusing from school trip  
                           
Dear Sir/Madam,

                             I would like to bring to your notice that I had applied to be a member for the school trip to Puri and Calcutta a month earlier by paying a registration fee of Rs 1500. The trip is scheduled to last for a period of seven days starting from 15th to 21st September. 

                             I was really looking forward to this school trip as it was a one of a kind opportunity for me to learn as well as have fun along with my friends. Unfortunately, I have come to know only yesterday that the dates of the trip clashes with the dates of my sister's wedding. As a result, though I was very excited for the trip, I won’t be able to be a part of it any longer. 

                              I request you to kindly excuse me from participating in the above mentioned trip. I would be highly grateful if I could get a refund of the deposited money as fee.

                             This is for your kind information and necessary action.

                                                                               Yours faithfully,
                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                 Your name
                                                                                 Your address
                                                                                 Contact Number

Date:
Place:

Post a Comment

1 Comments