Write a letter to the municipality office inquiring about the delay in sending the birth certificate of your child

The birth certificate is an important legal document that is required for various purposes, such as applying for a passport, enrolling in school, and obtaining government benefits. In case of delay in receiving the birth certificate of your child from municipal authority after application, it is important to write to the municipal authority inquiring about the delay. You can start by writing a formal letter to the municipal authority explaining the situation and requesting that they expedite the process of issuing the birth certificate. Make sure to include your child's full name, date of birth, and any other relevant information that may help expedite the process. Given below is a sample letter to the municipality office inquiring about the delay in sending the birth certificate of your child.

To
Registrar of Birth and Death cum Medical Officer
Municipal Corporation Name
Municipal Corporation Address

Subject: Application for delay in birth certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am  (your name) and a resident of XYZ locality. I am writing this letter to inquire about the delay in receiving the birth certificate of my new born son.

On date1, I had registered for the birth certificate of my new born son providing all required documents. I was assured of providing the birth certificate within a couple of weeks from your office.
 
Today it is date2 and even after a month of applying, I am not in possession of the said birth certificate. I hope you understand the gravity of the situation. I again request you to kindly send me the above mentioned birth certificate at the earliest.

This is for your kind information and necessary action.

Enclosure:

1.Parent Id proof
2.Parent marriage certificate
3.Parent birth certificate
4.Proof of birth in hospital
5.Duly filled up birth certificate registration form

Post a Comment

0 Comments