Sample letter to the School Principal for extending maternity leave


Sometimes one may take a bit longer to cope up with child birth and thus may need to extend the maternity leave. A letter can be communicated to the concerned authority about extending the maternity leave. This is a simple request letter to a School Principal for extending maternity leave. The article addresses the question of properly presenting the request to the concerned person. The letter can be modified according to need and situation.

To
The Principal
School Name
School address

Subject: Request for extending granting maternity leave         
                    
Dear Sir/Madam,

                                  I am a teacher of your prestigious school and have been teaching Science for last two years. This letter has reference to my maternity leave that I had availed two months earlier.

                                  I had applied for maternity leave for a period of two months from [Date1] to [Date2] so that I could take proper care of my child during this crucial period. I am happy to inform you that we have been blessed with a baby girl on [Date 3]. Unfortunately, due to my deteriorating health, our family doctor has advised me complete bed rest for a week. Hence, I request you to kindly extend my maternity leave for a period by a week. I hope the substitute teacher is managing my classes properly during my absence.

                                       I would be highly grateful if you could look into the matter at the earliest and grant the extended leave. I am hereby attaching all the necessary medical documents for any formalities. 

                                       This is for your kind information and necessary action.
                                                                                                          
                                                                                             Yours faithfully,
                                               
                                                                                              Your name
                                                                                              Your address 
          Contact Number

                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Date:
Place:

Post a Comment

0 Comments