Sample letter of a formal request to the Bank Manager for changing the signature associated with a bank account



All the transactions pertaining to a bank account are honored by the bank only if the correct signature associated with the bank account is provided for the transaction. However, sometimes due to some situations, the account holder has to change the signature associated with the bank account such as change of name after marriage etc. In such cases, the bank has to be informed and requested for changing the signature associated with the bank account. Moreover, additional relevant also has to be provided to the bank as and when the bank requites it. This is a simple request letter to a Bank Manager for changing the signature associated with a bank account. The article addresses the question of properly presenting the notice to the concerned person.
To
The Bank Manager
Bank Name,
Branch Name
Address of Bank

Subject: Request for changing the signature associated with my bank account
                             
Dear Sir/Madam,
                              
                                I hold a savings account in your [Bank name, Branch name] since the last 5 years. My account number is [Account number]. I am very much happy and satisfied with the service of the bank and friendly attitude towards the customer.

                               I would like to your kind notice that I have changed the signature for the operation of my account. I would hereby formally request you to honor all the transactions pertaining to my above account only if they are signed with my new signature as provided in this letter with immediate effect.

                                I would be very much happy to oblige any other formalities required by the bank such as my specimen signature in your printed forms. I would personally visit the bank branch and provide other necessary documents as and when required. I have also attached a list of relevant documents necessary for the matter concerned. In case, the bank requires any other clarification. I can be contacted at [mobile number] or by email [email address]

                              Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter and confirm that my new signature would be honored for all my future transactions associated with the above mentioned account.

My old signature:

My new signature:

                                   Looking for an early response. Thanking you in anticipation.


                                                                                                    Yours faithfully,

                                                                                                     Your name
                                                                                                     Your address


Date:
Place:

Enclosures:
1. Address Proof
2. Copy of driver’s license for verification
3. Copy of transaction of last 6 months of the bank pass book for reference

Post a Comment

0 Comments