Write a letter to a friend about your recent visit to a historical place: Victoria Memorial, Kolkata


Victoria Memorial is one of the most iconic historical places of Kolkata. The place is a living memory of the British colonial Era Legacy of Kolkata. There can be nothing more satisfying than sharing your experience of a visit with your friend. This is a simple letter to a friend about your recent visit to a historical place: Victoria Memorial, Kolkata. The letter can be modified according to need and preference.

 

To

ABC

C/0 XYZ

Address of ABC

       

Dear ABC,

 

                        I hope this letter finds you in the best of health. It has been some time since we have last written. Recently, I was thinking about you and thought about dropping a few lines. So, let me start with my recent visit to the historical Victoria memorial in Kolkata.

                        The first thing that strikes your mind when you think about Kolkata is the Victoria Memorial. I was there on an official tour last November and decided to visit the iconic place. I decided to travel on a weekday to avoid the weekend rush and started early in the morning. This way I could save myself from any sun burn and peacefully enjoy the whole surrounding.

                        Since the opening time of the Victoria Memorial was 10:00 am and I was present in my destination by 7 am, I started to explore the adjacent iconic Maidan. I took a blissful early morning stroll taking in the fresh air of the surrounding. I also got to witness the famous Local Tram of Kolkata whoosh pass me and move ahead towards its journey in a slow paced manner. The Horse cart driving, later on, on the road was really an enjoyable experience.

                        Once entering the campus, the view of the magnificent white marble building is a treat to watch. The building is surrounded by artificial lake, pond and green meadow, stark in contrast to the nearby traffic. It is full of galleries depicting various aspects of arts, sculptures, paintings and reflective of the British colonial Era Legacy of Kolkata.

                       I found the Arms and Ammunitions gallery particularly impressive. Bronze statue of Queen Victoria towards the north gate is another noteworthy attraction. The grand building was inaugurated in the year 1921. It celebrates the various historical stalwarts of Indian history and their contribution to the independence struggle. All in all, the place is a must watch if you want to have knowledge about the city. 

                        The setting takes us back to a time of yesteryears where laidback elegance takes center stage. I spent a lot of time working leisurely through the field soaking in the charm of the place. Though a weekday, I still could find tourists and school children flocking the green meadow and the artificial lake. Photography is prohibited inside the building but is allowed outside. Honestly speaking, I didn’t get a clue how the whole day went by. It was a memorable experience to cherish for a lifetime.

                                        I will be waiting for your reply. Do let me know if you get any time to pay us a visit.

 

                                                                                                Yours Truly,

 

                                                                                                Your Name

                                                                                                Your Address

 

Date:

Place:

You may also like:

Write a letter to a friend describing your visit to a historical place: Konark Sun Temple, Odisha  

Post a Comment

0 Comments